Friday, February 25, 2011

Colorful Fun

PRETTY IN PYREX



Pyrex is one of the most popular types of kitchen glassware collectibles today.
It has recently made a come back and is considered to be very vogue.
Using recycled Vintage Pyrex is another modern way of thinking GREEN!
 People are seeing that old Pyrex is not only pretty but it's still around for a reason.
 DURABILITY.
Other reasons people are buying are availability, afford-ability, variability and of course, its immediate nostalgia factor.
 Many collectors need not go farther than grandma’s or even their own kitchen to find a piece of Vintage Pyrex. 
There are tons of different designs and colors of various rarity for collectors to choose from.


HISTORY BRIEFING


Pyrex glassware was introduced to the public in 1915 by the Corning Glass Works. According to Barbara E. Mauzy’s Pyrex: The Unauthorized Collectors Guide, there are 3 basic types of collectible Pyrex: Clear Pyrex Ovenware (introduced in 1915), Pyrex Flameware (1936 - 1979) and Pyrex Colors (1947 - ?).
 Of the three types, most people are familiar with the Colored Pyrexware because it is very distinct and there is a considerable amount of it still being used in households. There is a good chance that any antique store or flea market you visit will have a 
number of Pyrex items for sale.


MY INFATUATION


I love color.
I love any and every thing antique and vintage.
I LOVE kitchen decor and utensils.
SO... obviously I LOVE vintage Pyrex.
Hello!!!
I have a very small collection compared to the every day collector.
(I got my father into collecting it now too:)
HAHA!


HINTS AND TIPS


It's funny because I see Pyrex when I antique all the time,
but I seemed to have found most of my collection at the Goodwill or VOA... 
 for more than half price of what they  normally go for!
I love a good find<3 
(Keep this in mind if you have a budget to go by or you just like to thrift:)

 I  learned another good lesson on Pyrex recently. 
If you want the color of your glass to stay vivid and bright after usage,
DON'T put them in the dishwasher!!!
What happens is over time when putting Pyrex through the wash
they fade.
I always hand wash my Pyrex... it's easy to clean by hand any way!


MY SMALL COLLECTION




Hope you all enjoyed my Pyrex lesson! 
Have a wonderful weekend<3
Stay warm!!!


Love,
Kimmie B


p.s. I order this book on EBAY.

  

It should be coming in the mail this week!
I will let you know some more good tips and facts after read this fabulous book!