Wednesday, August 8, 2012

BuNTing- A New Way of Life.

Newest Obsession.

I have always been one to "obsess" on things rather
quickly when I grow found of them.
Now that I have been hand sewing for the past four years
(taught myself... 
just saying)
I have been looking for the latest easy fades and
mini projects to satisfy my sewing cravings.
Bunting is the newest.

What is it?
<Wikipedia's definition >
Bunting (or bunt) was originally a specific type of lightweight worsted wool fabric generically known as tammymanufactured from the turn of the 17th century, and used for making ribbons and flags, including signal flags for the Royal Navy
Amongst other properties that made the fabric suitable for ribbons and flags was its high glaze,achieved by a process including hot-pressing.
The origin of the word is uncertain. 
Today, "bunting" is a term for any festive decorations made of fabric, or of plasticpaper or even cardboard in imitation of fabric. 
Typical forms of bunting are strings of colorful triangular flags and lengths of fabric in the colors of national flags gathered and draped into swags or pleated into fan shapes.
The term bunting is also used to refer to a collection of flags, and particularly those of a ship. 
The officer responsible for raising signals using flags is known as "bunts", a term still used for a ship's communications officer.

My Latest.

In my back sun room<3

In my living room.

In my bedroom:)

What else can I say?
I have a new hobby:)
Have a wonderful rest of your week!!!

Kimmie B.